Comparisons between the Old Testament Meaning and Practise and Future Scripture Revelation of Hoshana Rabba - The Great Salvation and White Throne Judgement
Old Testament Meaning
Future and Revealed Manifestation
After the seven days of Sukkot, Hoshana Rabba takes place on the eighth, otherwise known as “the great salvation.”
“‘On the eighth day hold a closing special assembly and do no regular work.
The eighth day always denotes new creation or dispensation.
As Sukkot commences, the Millennium period of the rule of Jesus Christ the Messiah begins. Those who were saved during tribulation, but without glorified bodies, enter this period and during the thousand year rule of Christ on the earth, they continue to procreate. Multitudes cover the earth once more as it is repopulated.
This is a peaceful and joyful period on earth never experienced before. The reason is Jesus removed Satan from the earth at the final day of Atonement:
3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.
During this season the devil will once again deceptively influence many into taking the opposite path to that which is prepared by our Lord in his righteousness.
Satan’s Final Purpose and Judgment
7 When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9 They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Those that are born during this period grow up in the blessing of redemption of humanity and the earth. They will experience the fullness of all the benefits of this new dispensation and will be given the opportunity to accept the Messiah and surrender their lives to him. Nothing will be automatic even though they are raised in Godly homes. Although they will see the Messiah visibly and know the reality thereof, they still have “free choice!”. Undoubtedly, not all will accept him.
The repopulation of the earth will be enormous once again and the number deceived will be as great as “the number of sand on the seashore.”
The Great White Throne Judgement
11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.
As at Yom Kippur (The Day of Atonement), the final and last judgment of those alive at the time is undertaken. At the Great White Throne Judgement, all those unrighteous who lived before the Crucifixion, those that were unsaved during the Age of Grace (the Church age up to the rapture) and those that remained un-repentant during tribulation until the Day of Atonement, are all brought to stand before the Lord and are judged for what they have done. Once this judgement takes place, they face the “second death” when they are thrown into the lake of fire.
This closes the millennium dispensation period. Interestingly, it is judgement that closes each dispensation:
• The first in the Garden of Eden when they were disobedient and sinned.
• The second was when God sent the devastating flood to wipe out the living things on the earth- Genesis:
• 5 The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. 6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. 7 So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.” Sin!
• The third when he sends plagues and fire to subject mankind to the “Time of Jacob’s Trouble” – Tribulation. This is because man returns to the same condition as before the flood (sin).
• The fourth is the final judgement at the end of the millennium – The Great White Throne Judgement. Once again those who do not accept the righteousness of Jesus Christ the Messiah are easily deceived and follow the devil in all forms of wickedness and unrighteousness (sin).
Immediately after the Great White Throne Judgement the New Heaven and New Earth come into being. All those who maintained their belief and lived righteously before the Lord in the Millennium will go on living for eternity in the new and final dispensation – The New Heaven and the New Earth will be formed and the New Jerusalem will come down from God out of Heaven.